References for “The Foster Care Child” infographic:
- United States Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Administration on Children, Youth and Families, Children’s Bureau (2015). The AFCARS Report: Preliminary FY 1 2014 Estimates as of July 2015, No. 22. Retrieved from http://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/cb/afcarsreport22.pdf.
- Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative (n.d.). Aging Out. Retrieved from http://www.jimcaseyyouth.org/about/aging-out
- Courtney, M.E., Dworsky, A., Ruth, G., Havlicek, J., Perez, A., & Keller, T. (2007). Midwest evaluation of the adult functioning of former foster youth: outcomes at age 21. Chicago: Chapin Hall Center for Children.
- Pecora, P., Kessler, R., Williams, J., O’Brien, K., Downs, A. C., English, D., … & Holmes, K. (2005). Improving Family Foster Care: Findings from the Northwest Foster Care Alumni Study (Seattle, WA: Casey Family Programs, 2005). Retrieved from the Internet at http://www.casey.org/media/AlumniStudies_NW_Report_FR.pdf
- University of Pittsburgh Office of Child Development (n.d.) You and Your Foster Child Parenting Guides. Retrieved from http://www.ocd.pitt.edu/You-and-Your-Foster-Child-Parenting-Guides/48/default.aspx.